Originally a circular mound that has been excavated twice, once in 1877 and more recently in 1970. Differing interpretations claim it to be a destroyed cist or a passage chamber. In 1877 Bellis and Cable thought the site a cist with two sides being made from slabs and a third formed from natural bedrock. In 1970 Johnson interpreted the site as a passage chamber with the entrance marked by a pair of uprights and the other end cut into bedrock. He also thought he identified a possible side chamber. The large capstone covering the cist now is thought to have been placed there after the 1877 excavation. Chalcolithic pottery, sea pebbles, large quantities of worked flint, scrapers and an axe have been found.