A 4.5m high oval mound in which a four sided chamber was found when tunnelled into by excavators in 1911. The cist was found to be half filled with clay on top of which was a small stone enclosure. Within the clay was an un-usual burial, that of a single male and the skull and rib cage of a horse. Other reported finds included a round bottomed vessel and fragment of a greenstone axe, none of the finds can now be identified. In 2003 one of the horse's teeth was radio-carbon dated to between 60 BC and 50 AD.