Two stone cists each surrounded by rings of stones were first discovered in 1916 and when excavated the northern cist was found without a capstone. The southern cist had a large flat capstone and was found to contain a few flint chips and pottery. Between the two was a paved area surrounded by a small circle of stones. Below the paving more flint chips and pottery were found as well as some decayed bone and charcoal.
More recently, investigations carried out in 2014 of a nearby circle of stones identified a possible passage chamber partially surrounded by peristaliths.